The basis of our belief is the Bible which is the inspired Word of God and, therefore, is the final authority in matters of faith and practice.
We believe there is one true, holy and just God who exists in three distinct persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
We believe God’s central purpose in the Bible is to reveal Himself and to call all people into fellowship with Him. This fellowship with God is made possible through the death and resurrection of Jesus. The free gift of salvation is found in Jesus alone. God’s Word gives the following instructions for those accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior:
- Acknowledge that you are a sinner in need of a Savior.
- (Romans 3:23; Acts 2:37-38; Ephesians 2:1-3)
- Believe Jesus is the Son of God and the only way to be saved.
- (1 Peter 3:18; Colossians 1:19-20; Ephesians 2:4-9; Mark 6:16)
- Confess that Jesus is Lord and the only Savior.
- (Matthew 10:32; Luke 12:8; Romans 10:9-10)
- Turn from your sin and embrace God’s way for your life repentance.
- (Luke 3:8; Acts 2:38, 3:19; Romans 6:1-2; 2 Corinthians 7:10)
- Be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- (Romans 6:3-10; Colossians 2:11-12; Acts 2:38, 22:16; 1 Peter 3:21)
As we gather to worship, we participate in the weekly observance of communion as a means of remembering the sacrificial death of Jesus and the new life provided through Him. We practice baptism by immersion.